Friday, August 30, 2013

Oh Psalty!

I can not hear the word "camping" without picturing a giant blue talking songbook and his dog in my head. I always want to burst out in song singing... anyone know?

"We're going camping now we're on our way...we're going to climb up a mountain and run and jump and play!"

Give yourself a pat on the back if you can sing along to that song! You were a Psalty the Singing Songbook generation!! I looked him up the other day to bring back some memories, and boy is he kind of creepy looking!


I am not sure if good old Psalty the singing songbook still sings to kids anymore, but I know I will never forget his face or some of the songs I sang with him over and over again.

I think two things evoked this post.
1. Matt and I are going "camping" this weekend at Aunt Olga's house and we are pretty pumped about it!
2. I said, "Won't you be my neighbor?" to my classes this week and was met with blank stares. We have hit the generation that does not know our dear friend Mr. Rogers. What is this world coming to? (It made me think of my childhood shows...Puzzle Place anyone?)

Have a great labor day weekend!

just in kase- you forgot about Psalty

No comments:

Post a Comment