Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Change

Wisconsin. Sitting alone in the only bedroom I ever knew growing up makes me feel like a kid again. Well maybe not exactly a kid because if I was seven I would be in a bunk bed chatting with my sister above me surrounded by bunny wallpaper and clinging to Tuffy, the most trusted stuffed rabbit a girl could ask for. (Thanks Aunt Barb!) Maybe it feels more like high school...however if that were the case Melissa Neal would be beside me for our weekly Tuesday night sleepover. But I will not be waking up to chocolate chip pancakes and the sweet but stern voice of her telling me if I don't get up right now we are going to be late. Sadly, those are both memories of the past.

Some things have changed.

 I don't live in the greatest state known to mankind anymore, I live one below. I don't share a room with my curly haired sister, I share it with a man who stole my heart back in 2008. Tuffy now lives in a bin with other creatures of his kind in my parent's basement, awaiting the arrival of another friend to comfort. Many Tuesdays separate my last sleepover with my partner in crime.

Some things have remained.

I still throughly enjoy time spent with my sister. There is just something about the way your sister knows you that is so comforting. Melissa Neal is still one of my dearest friends. (first grade - forever) I still strongly dislike waking up in the morning, which sometimes leads to late departures. (sorry Matthew) And...chocolate chip pancakes still and quite possibly will always be one of my favorite morning meals.

I have never been one of the people who likes change. But I have come to the realization that like it or not, change happens. I believe that how you deal with it makes all the difference.

Just in kase - you were wondering.






No comments:

Post a Comment